The Rockcliffe Flying Club is seeking a permanent, full-time Chief Flight Instructor (CFI) who has passion for the profession and desires to help people fulfill their dreams of flight.
The CFI is responsible for the management, development, and delivery of all flight training initiatives, as well as providing guidance on other flight operations to ensure a safe and secure environment for our members. At RFC the CFI will not remain behind a desk but will also be an active instructor.
The ideal candidate is an experienced instructor able to manage a team of full and part-time instructors for both flight training and ground schools. The successful candidate should be able to develop relationships in a manner that will facilitate the growth of the club.
The main responsibilities of the CFI are outlined in CARS 426.22 and 426.50 and include:
- Managing the RFC pilot training program;
- Supervising flight and ground instructors;
- Maintaining accurate training and flight records;
- Liaison with Transport Canada on all matters concerning flight training operations.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining personal Instructor qualifications in accordance with regulatory requirements;
- Drafting Internal flight operation policies and procedures
- Liaising with external flight training organizations
- Promoting flight training to facilitate the growth of the FTU.
- Managing RFC FTU incident reporting system
- Updating manuals
- Other operational duties as assigned by the governing Board
- TC certified Class 1-2 flight instructor qualification;
- Legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Excellent knowledge of aviation safety standards and practices;
- Excellent knowledge of common aviation regulations;
- Ability to manage classes and teach effectively;
- Proven observational, decision-making and time management skills;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as work independently;
- Ability to be coachable and receive feedback to support development.
- A degree or diploma in aviation management or related field
- Multi-engine and/or IFR rating
- Experience working as a commercial pilot or in airport operations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32-$44 per hour
Rockcliffe Flying Club offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.